Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wall Drug Meets Meteor Crater



Somewhere along the trip, someone told us about all the signs we would see encouraging us to visit Meteor Crater. It was supposed to be similar to our experience in South Dakota with Wall Drug.

As we headed through Arizona, I started to see the signs. We didn't have time...at least that is what I thought. I was planning on driving right by - we had a long drive to Las Vegas. Just before we got to the exit, Suzi woke up and announced she smelled burning rubber. Oh no! The tires! I immediately took the next exit (Meteor Crater), stopped at the gas station, and checked the tires. They were fine. I figured we might as well gas up.

As we finished up, I suggested we take an adventure and check out the crater. It was pretty cook to see and learn about how astronauts used to train there. Turned out to be a good stop - we managed to get some walking/exercise...fixed some sandwiches...and hit the road again.

No comments: