Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pemaquid Memories




As a child, one of the things we would do in Maine is take a trip to Pemaquid Lighthouse. My grandparents would purchase lobsters at Small Brothers, bring them to the rocks at Pemaquid, and scarf them down. My grandfather would hold up lobster in his hand and the seagulls would swoop down and take the food.

With the price of lobster the way it is, we prefer to eat it at the store while it is hot. We take the kids to Pemaquid and they get to explore these rock formations (and tidal pools). As a parent, this is a scary place. One fall could mean a trip to the hospital, which I am sure is a long way away. These are some moments caught at the Pemaquid.
Pictured here is my brother Bob with his daugher Ellis.

3 comments:

polkadot said...

is that ellis shes gotten so big

Freeze said...

First, and foremost, I would like to recognize Courtney Hargadon. For the past few weeks, I had felt that maybe Courtney had been dropped off in Ohio (or maybe Welcome, I-Can't-Remember-Which-State, USA) on the way to Maine because I haven't seen her photo on the blog in quite a while. They boys have been dominant. Welcome Back, Courtney. Beautiful photo!

Anonymous said...

what great pictures!