Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's a small world


We made it to Kentucky and found time to make it to the Creation Museum. We heard about this place from our friend's the Wyatts. This is a great museum, even for those that believe in evolution.

The guides said we should go the planetarium...we are so glad we did. I think this is the first time I have been in one. We left with whole new sense of how small the Earth is and how big God is. After that, we raced over to the petting zoo. I saw this guy trying to take a picture of his family with a camel in the background. They were taking pictures with their cell phones. I offered to take a picture with my camera and email the pictures to them. I snapped about 7 pictures, which in part, including this potential Christmas card photo. When the father went to give me a business card, I immediately recognized a badge on the card. I asked if he was in law enforcement and he indicated he was a chaplain. As it turns out, this pastor's name is Tim Grayson and he lives/pastors a church in Concord, CA. That is right...Concord, CA.

I told Tim that part of my coming to accept Christ occurred through the work of a chaplain in Sacramento, CA. So, considering the cosmos and our "chance" encounter with Tim and his family, it is indeed a small world.

1 comment:

Barb said...

What! No pics next to the dino's? It is an awesome museum! We're planning to go back again next summer.
B