Friday, July 25, 2008

The Power of Jiminy

Imagine this: I am on the golf course with Uncle Rue and two of our friends (Mac and Kent). Early on, I whack the ball and it ends up in the woods....or maybe it was one of those shots where I didn't get it past the women's tee. Either way, I let out a "Jiminy".

Uncle Rue says something like, "Dave...I'd like to hear you swear at least once by the end of the 18th hole."

Dave: "I have worked too hard to clean up my mouth."

Results? No one swore the rest of the game. These guys came up with all sorts of good substitutes.

It reminds me of a captain I know who, on occasion lets out a minor swear word. He let one out one time in my presence...then looked at me and said, "Sorry...I meant Jiminy."

5 comments:

Mike Hargadon said...

Who would have thought!
Believing Hargadons who like to fish. I'm from Maryland, one of ten kids, have four of my own, love to fish, love the Lord, and am running for U.S. Congress. Where are you all from?

Mike Hargadon m.hargadon@comcast.net

polkadot said...

hi hargadon gang i miss u so much email me im glad u could come down and watch my play uncle dave i hope u enjoyed it -saquoia

flames girls said...

ah dave you inspire me so much and thats why i admire you

Cap'n Happy said...

Dave, your description of the swear words as minor is very charitable. Thank you.

Freeze said...

Holy Jiminy!